Just before the howling northerlies took hold


Time is a rather precious commodity at the moment. What with juggling a mental house build / renovation project and WCA waking up for the season (which means a 7-day work week for mon lucky mari), we don't get much quality time. Which is not to say I've not been making the most of last week's superb swell.  Just mostly with whatever stragglers I can get my hands on.  Happy to say boots and thermal rashie are a thing of the past.  I managed a solid two hours in stiff SErlys with just 3mm (albeit snuggly merino lined). Yay. But nothing beats a wave or two with Mr Green.

Anyway, a rare gap in a busy schedule spotted, we sped up to North Cornwall for the day. Got in just before the wind got up. Long lefts, it was splendid. Followed by breakfast baps, a spot of shopping, ice cream tucked in a sheltered spot on the beach, sat in my pants making the most of the sunshine like an emmit, nice cuppa on the headland, a stroll along the cliffs to notorious posh hangout and dinner with a cracking bunch of North Cornwall's finest.

I think, partly for their rarity, I treasure these days. It was one to remember.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect! Hope the epic renovations are going ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, all ok, keeping me on my toes! Lots of things to think about/choose/remember. My list making knows no bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your welcome! (and thank you for following)

    ReplyDelete