Radio Silence


My poor blog, feeling all ignored and unloved. Just dropping in to say hi, I haven't forgotten you.
Life has been manic.
Never one for an easy ride, just as the house gets sorted, we sell it and buy 'a project'.  As of last weekend I find myself living in a hut. No internet, no telly, no cooker, no shower, no fridge. Just me, my man and the aged family pet. The first night, swathed in my adult babygrow, under 13 tog goose down and numerous blankets I wake in the night to find I'm in a giant fridge. I've become a walking thermometer, I can tell without even opening my eyes in the morning if there's cloud cover or not, I can see my breath indoors. Life is chilly. 
It's glorified camping, not even that glorified really apart from a queen size French sleigh bed.  
Thank GOD summer is on it's way.
It's not as bad as it sounds, well actually it is, but in the long term will be worth the blood sweat and tears of what is an enormous renovation project. I feel like a bit of a vagabond, cooking on a camping stove, scrounging hot meals and showers as I go.
On the plus side, I'm at least seven minutes closer to my favourite beach, I now have somewhere safe to leave my car so boards can be left on the roof for minimal pre-dawnie faffing and one day I'm going to have a rad house to live in.  
I'm ashamed to say I haven't been in the water in over a month, so nothing exciting to report on that front,  endeavouring to get the rest of the cali trip on here soooon.

*Please note, picture is not of actual hut and is for illustrative purposes only, it's far grander than ours


2 comments: